Tuesday, July 6, 2010

life's little lessons...

As I wrote in my previous blog, I was greatly anticipating how much fun this past weekend would be, especially going to Easton and spending time with my family and husband. And it was very fun, up until yesterday, well last night to be more specific. Many of you know that my parents live on a small lake and so my parents, nick, my grandpa, and Becca decided to take a boat ride. It was quite warm yesterday and Nick decided to jump in...

Somehow, which I still have yet to figure out, his wedding ring fell off his hand and is now laying in the bottom of that lake. The tears immediately starting filling my eyes as I thought of how much that ring meant to me, and all of the memories that were attached to that piece of metal as we began our journey together as husband and wife. I felt that I had to leave behind a piece of me, a piece of us, and a piece of my heart. I told Nick that was a very expensive swim...:)

I couldn't help but think of how often we place value in things and not people, and how God can teach us lessons in the moments we least expect it in order for us to learn. I truly do believe that everything happens for a reason...instead of causing frustration in our marriage because of the situation, it was an opportunity for us to grow and learn that no matter what happens in this life..for richer or poorer, in sickness or in health, with wedding rings or without, we have each other.

So we now begin another search of finding the perfect wedding ring for the second time...and hopefully the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment